About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Have Symmetry Issues

Definition of SYMMETRY (per the Merriam-Webster website)...




1: balanced proportions; also : beauty of form arising from balanced proportions


2: the property of being symmetrical; especially : correspondence in size, shape, and relative position of parts on opposite sides of a dividing line or median plane or about a center or axis — compare bilateral symmetry, radial symmetry


3: a rigid motion of a geometric figure that determines a one-to-one mapping onto itself


4: the property of remaining invariant under certain changes (as of orientation in space, of the sign of the electric charge, of parity, or of the direction of time flow) —used of physical phenomena and of equations describing them
 
For example....if D rubs my shoulders, they have to be rubbed equally in pressure and duration.  If I have one sleeve pushed up on my sweater, they both have to be.  I think I am the only one afflicted with this in my family as I just witnessed my 7 year old running through the house wearing one sock.  I asked her why, and she said she spilled something on one of them so took it off.  It's actually driving me nuts right now because my sense of symmetry is being upset and I think SHE shouldn't be comfortable wearing just one sock.
 
Today was another day for not wanting to get out of bed.  It got down in the 50's overnight, and we had all the windows open.  Before bed last night, we threw another big comforter on the bed, and it was so snuggly and warm this morning, that neither D nor I wanted to get up.  We played more rounds of snooze tag than normal, just to stay warm a bit longer.
 
As usual, we woke up, D made coffee, I made breakfasts and lunches (fancier today...ravioli's for lunches for M and A, and cracker sandwiches for R; which are ritz crackers, squares of cheese, and some pepperoni).  Then it was off to work.
 
I must say, I felt a bit of a rebel today.  After my 10am meeting was finished (right at 11...on time for once!), I did my 4 mile run in the middle of the day!!!  For some reason it felt like I was skipping school, although I put way more than my allotted 40 hrs per week in...
 
Anyway, it was nice to get outside in decent running weather (about 70).  I took a quick shower, and back to work.
 
Breakfast was a mango/orange/banana juice blend and then some lentil soup (about an hour or so apart).  I really wanted Thai food for lunch, but ended up with a smoothie and veggie wrap from Tropical Smoothie Cafe
 
After work, I picked A up from school and we went to the mall to hit the Halloween super store.  She's creating a panda costume from various things, and needed something for that venture.  Then we met up with D, M, and R at Frank's II Italian restaurant, where I had eggplant parmesan with no cheese.  I guess that's just eggplant then, since doesn't the parmesan part imply cheese?  Whatever...too deep of a thought this close to bed.
 
So now, it's off to bed.  Only 2 more work days before I fly to Chicago!!!  According to the Chicago Marathon's facebook page, they're putting up huge signs everywhere - including the airport with their slogan 10.10.10, The Date to Motivate!!!!  Enough said :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment