About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can Blogging Be an Addiction??

So I have a conundrum.  To post...or not to post.  I mean...the name of the blog is Run Crissie Run for crying out loud.  BUT, I'm not going to run probably until Monday.  I can't find the motivation other than "I need to" and "holy crap, if I don't stick exactly to my schedule and not skip anything, I'll never finish 26.2 miles".  The past week has been tough to lace up.  I've been tired and just plain blah.  The workouts I did, I pushed hard to get through - harder than it should have been.  I'm not sure why; work is fine (busy, but nothing to complain about), family is fine (busy, but nothing to complain about), so why this lack of desire?  I have a few theories, which I had to research of course.

1-not eating balanced enough.  I've been watching, and I think a few more processed foods that I usually care for have slipped into my diet and I don't react well to it.  I'm not fueling frequently or well enough.  I'm pretty sure this is affecting me.

2-heat.  UGH.  Don't know why that guy was wearing a sauna suit the other day.  Just need to stand outside and breath - and that's a sweat-fest in itself.  I'm too afraid to run in 95-105 degree weather.  And it's been that darned near every day for weeks now.  That leaves me stuck on a treadmill, and that's no fun at all.

3-overwhelmed.  Not just by running (though I'm more freaked out by the mental challenges of long distance running than by the actual movement), but with everything else going on.  Work has been very demanding lately - again, not in a bad way, but I have a lot to do and even more to figure out.

So what did my research say?  Break.  Take a break before I quit or get hurt.  5 days of NOT pushing myself as hard as I can will NOT derail all my efforts, and I will likely come back more motivated and psyched than ever before.  Continuing to push it when not focused can lead to injuries, which can side line me for a long time.  Maybe too long.  So Break!  Sounds good to me.

So now, back to my conundrum.  Do I still post?  It'll likely be about food or something about my day, so is it keeping in the spirit of my blog to chronicle my training to drone on and on about a topic unrelated to exercise?  I don't know.  I mean, I didn't workout today and I'm still blogging...which leads me to think that maybe I just can't help myself and I have to blog whether or not I workout.  The real question is...will I have anything to say?  I guess that's a dumb question, because anyone who knows me knows I can TALK, so why wouldn't I be able to babble in print (which I apparently am doing now)?

Oy, okay.  Here was my day.  I woke up stupid early again (530) because of a 7am meeting.  Thank goodness it was a conf call, so I didn't actually leave the house until 810.  I had another conf call at 830 (thank goodness for the jawbone and being able to talk while driving), then a meeting at corporate.  All went well.  I stopped at S's office to bring her some awesome ratatouille and my house key (she's puppy-sitting while we are away).  I dropped off the new van to get an oil change, and then headed to a lunch time meeting with a friend. Breakfast was cheerios with vanilla soy milk.  Lunch was a salad from the Ruby Tuesday salad bar.  After work and before picking up the van, D and I stopped the corner bar for a happy hour drink (gin and tonic for me!  Well drinks were on special!).  After that, we stopped at the grocery for some road trip snacks, and then to get the van.  D went home (too many nachos!), and as I headed to Target, decided that in my abstinence from running, I could eat Thai food!!  So...I had some tofu green curry and a spring roll, read some more Mad Cowboy on my Kindle and was so happy.    No risk of barfing on the neighbors lawn if I'm not going to run!

I do have to admit that I'm packing running clothes though.  If the urge hits and I'm just overly inspired by Central Park, I'm open to going for a run for fun. No training or times or anything that makes me feel all pressured to push it.  Just a nice jog in the park.  I love the idea of going to a yoga class up there too - I'm sure there are a LOT of studios!  No promises though, I'm just as likely to eat my way through all 42 Vegan restaurants in NY as I am to try and work any of those calories off!!!

So I may check in, I may not.  I guess we'll see if I have a blogging addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment