About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Saw the Pot 'O Gold!!!

In honor of today's rainbow, my post will be in green :)

The day started pretty normally.  Up, shower, coffee, etc.  Breakfast was brown rice and lentil dish made with cinnamon and cloves that I cooked up last night.  A left for the bus stop (oh yea...summer school NOT canceled.  D and I don't have to raise Cain with the "downtown" people this year!), D left with R, and I took off for the hospital for my first meeting of the day.  That meeting actually went very well - even though it was 2 hrs long - so I can't complain.  After having lunch with D at Salsarita's (which is not nearly as good as Moe's - the taco salad just doesn't measure up...but we had a coupon), I took off for Williamsburg where I had a meeting this afternoon.  I got up there a little early, bought some new shoes for R, tank tops for A, and a pair of running shorts for me.  After my 20 minute power shop, I went to the WB hospital for a meeting.  That also went very well, and I'm glad I went - even though it meant 3 hrs on traffic.

On the way home, I stopped for a smoothie, yum!

The drive home wasn't too bad, and only had to deal with a couple minor traffic slow downs.  It was when I was driving over the high rise bridge, it was starting to rain, was still sunny, and I saw a very vibrant rainbow.  What was even cooler, is that there is a quarry or something over there, so it looked like the end of the rainbow was a large golden dirt hill.  It just made me smile. 

I got home a bit earlier than I had thought.  D and I had planned to go to a 730 yoga class (YES...he was going to exercise with me!!!).  Alas..that joy was short lived.  About 630, he informed me that he just didn't feel like going.  Ugh.  It's not as much fun going alone, but today was a scheduled 30 minute cross training day.  After my disappointing weekend, I HAD to go, so at 7, I took off and went to my favorite Chesapeake Hot Yoga (see link at the side of my blog if you're interested).  Before class, I heated up the rice/lentil dish (lazy), to make sure I had fueled again.

I was shocked when I got there.  28 people!  I've never been in a class that big!  Normally there's between 4-11, but this was crazy.  We all fit, and it was actually a totally amazing class.  It reminded me why I love yoga so much, and I miss it.  I felt very tight in my hamstrings and hip flexors - which I know is from the running - and I know that yoga would balance out.  Ugh, it's just with the marathon training and strength training, I'm already working out 6 days a week.  I don't know how to fit it in, but I really hope I find a way.  This phase of training which is focusing on endurance, I may be able to sub in yoga for a XT day - as long as I don't skip a fitlinxx.  I guess we'll see.  I'd like to at least try.

After yoga, D and I stopped at the grocery and picked up a few essentials (like a watermelon - I NEEDED a watermelon).  I was hungry, but didn't feel like eating so close to bed.  So I grabbed an uber-light beer and hopped in the shower.  At first I thought it may be weird (though D drinks coffee in the shower on occasion), but then I figured that was alcohol discrimination.  It's perfectly acceptable for someone to enjoy a glass of wine while soaking in a hot tub.  Why is drinking a cold beer while taking a quick shower shunned?  It's not in my opinion, and I'm okay with that!

Tomorrow is speed work.  I'm just waiting for another run day.  The weather has finally broke, and I'm itching to run outside.

So now it's time for bed.  Going to get my blood drawn tomorrow morning for the battery of tests my PCP ordered during my marathon physical.  Kinda excited to see how they are - like my cholesterol, etc.  Anyway, I'm starting to babble, which means it's time to go to bed.

Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment