About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Afternoon Coffee Is My Secret Weapon

Today was another pretty good day.  I think I'm proportionately happy to how much I work out.  I was feeling off on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and when I look on it, I didn't work out much since the mid of last week.  The last three days have been very heavy on the workouts, and I feel great.  I'm starting to buy into the hype that exercise makes you happy.  It helps that I dig my life a lot too, but a lot of that happiness is coming from how I eat and working out.  Okay, preaching over.

The day was much like most week days.  Meetings, more drama than I like, but overall, very good.  I got a new kitchen gadget on Sunday that slices whole melons in 3 seconds!  I prepped some watermelon that R actually wanted me to put in her lunch today - so for that I was excited.  I had to get my blood drawn this morning, so by the time I got to the office, I was starving.  I had a bunch of watermelon and some baked tofu.  Just before my noon meeting, I decided to eat some brown rice/lentil dish...and I'm glad I did.  I had a noon meeting, then pages from VP's, and it was after 2 by the time I could grab lunch.  Of course, I had to go to Moe's after the less than stellar taco salad at Salsarita's yesterday.  As I'm paying for my salad, the manager comes out from the back and yells to me "hey!  Personal Trainer with guac!  You're becoming a regular....".  Hmmm....  By the way...the Personal Trainer is the name of the veggie taco salad :)

Once I got home from work, I was wiped.  I shouldn't have been, but I was.  So...using my awesome espresso machine, I made a cup of coffee and relaxed for a couple minutes.  About 5 minutes later, I changed into my workout clothes and did my ab video workout.  Then I hopped on the treadmill before my caffeine buzz wore off.  Today was a speed workout day, and I figured I just better get it over with.  I did 10 quarter mile repeats.  The second 5 were actually easier than the first 5.  Weird.  So in the end...with the 2 minute walk breaks between the sprints..I did 3.5 miles.  And THEN....I went to the bloody gym to do my fitlinxx!  I actually would have done it tomorrow, but a girls evening out has come up, and I certainly don't want to miss that!  So while D left to take A and M to TKD, R and I went to the Y so she could play in the kids zone, and I could lift weights.  So yeah, I feel kinda like superwoman today.  Thank you coffee!

After my uber-workout, R and I met up with the rest of the family for dinner.  They enjoyed it very much.  They didn't have anything for me - I got a salad that actually stunk.  Kinda bad when the salad at a restaurant doesn't taste good!  So I pretty much skipped dinner.  I drank about half my beer, and then we came home.  It was way to late to eat, so I jumped in the shower, and now am headed off to bed. 

So while I usually abstain from caffeine after my initial morning cup, maybe on Wednesday's when I have to do this ridiculous speed work, I'll make an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment