About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Running in Baggy Pants is a Bad Idea

Today has been a good day.  I had a nice and mostly uneventful weekend (a bit of grocery shopping, cleaning, working out, talked to my sister who is moving into a new house, and bloody mary drinking.  See, good weekend).  I went to bed early (10 ish), and am starting to catch up on the hundreds of hours of recorded TV (only 8 episodes of Flashforward, 14 of Fringe, 5 of Stargate, 4 of Castle, 2 of NCIS, 9 of Numb3ers, 5 of In Plain Sight, and 8 of the Forgotten left.  Trust me, that's us getting caught up).  I woke up without playing snooze tag, and went to work as usual.  I got to have lunch with D (mexican..yummy!), and get a lot of work done this afternoon.

I decided that my training run would be in my neighborhood since it was only 3 miles, and I can't really justify driving somewhere just to run for 3 miles.  I went through a subdivision I had never been in before, and it was nice.  I had plenty of energy from my bean burrito and spanish rice (diet coke probably helped there too), and the weather is nice - only 81 degrees, though very humid.  D even finished loading the rest of The Lost Symbol on my iPod (can't wait for it to be over...it kinda sucks) so I won't run out of audiobook while running.  So the only thing wrong with today's run???  My capri pants were a bit too big, so I had to keep hiking them up as I went along.  I'm sure my attempt to look somewhat like I run on a regular basis failed severly due to my persistent wardrobe malfunction.  Alas...it was a good run anyway.  Tomorrow I'm going to attempt going to the Y before work (don't laugh...it could happen) since I am going to a City Council meeting tomorrow night (it's work related, but honestly, the right thing to do)....and know after that I'll likely want a drink more than I want to lift weights...

No comments:

Post a Comment