About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I've Become Obsessed with Weather

I'm really glad today wasn't a run day.  107 degrees with the heat index, 95 when I checked it around 2pm.  And right now???  70 at 930pm.  It's amazing how ridiculously hot it was earlier, and now I'm whining about it being cold.  I want to turn off the AC, but figure it'll just be hot later.

I called my Dad earlier to tell him how hot it is.  He's going to be here in just over a week, and I hope it's not as icky hot out.  I was hoping to do an outdoor movie night or two while he was here - but only if it's not overly tropical or buggy.

A couple of years ago, my sister showed me a weather website that I have since become very addicted to.  It's called Weather Undergound and it shows WAY more about weather than I could ever really need to know or understand, but I still check it everyday.  Sometimes several times, especially during training.  It helps me plan when I need to run inside, really late at night, or when I can go during full afternoon sun.  A nice side effect has been being prepared for rain!  That's nothing I really ever did well before - I mean, I always have an umbrella in my car - but I never actually have it with me when it's raining.  Anyway, here's the site and if you like weather, or knowing what weather might be like, it's a keeper  Cool Weather Site

So this really has nothing to do with my workout today.  I actually did go to they gym again before work!  I did the Fitlinxx again - which makes it the THIRD STRENGTH TRAINING WORKOUT IN A WEEK.  Sorry, I'm not yelling, I'm cheering. I don't do that, primarily because I hate it.   I don't recall the exact poundage, but considering I did pretty much the exact same thing I did on Tuesday, I'm guess it's right about 6,000 lbs again.  And you know what made me most excited about today's workout??  Knowing that I don't have to do it again until Sunday.  I wish I liked lifting weights.  I know how important it is for me to not only improve in running, but for overall health and well being over the long haul.  I still really hate it.  I whine every time, and I'm trying to guilt my husband into being something of a workout partner, but it's not working.  Not that it ever had, but maybe if I complain enough, he'll do it just to shut me up.  If you're reading this an interested, I'm accepting workout partner applications.  Must live in the area and not be creepy.  Y and/or Bally's memberships encouraged.

My office is moving next week, and I'm very happy about that.  For once in my life, I'll live close to where I work.  I think that will help encourage me to keep working out in the morning - knowing that the gym is 2 miles from home, and the office is only 5 miles from there.  I still don't think I'll run in the mornings, but the 2 weekdays I want to go to the gym, I probably can.

The rest of the day was typical.  Work...meetings...not a bad day, just long.  Dinner was Olive Garden - A's choice because she's leaving on a 3 day school trip to NYC in the morning.  We had R skip gymnastics so A's last night home for a few wasn't hectic.  We had fun, and she had desert!  I'm taking the day off tomorrow to pout.  I don't think I can focus at work all day worrying about A getting to New York safely.  

So that's it.  I realize it's not an exciting post, and I'm sorry.  Though be proud...I was really craving Thai yesterday, and went with a salad from Moe's instead.  Between that good choice and the weight lifting, I'd say that's progress!  (though I still really want Thai...bummer that I'm on a no-Thai diet until October!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment