About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2 Million Dollar Houses are REALLY Nice

So here I am, twice in one day.  I don't think I've done that before.

Like I said this morning, I just didn't have it in me to post last night after the City Council meeting.  Today was another good day.  Breakfast was coffee and the spring roll/tofu/wrap things.  I had meetings pretty much all day.  I did escape for a yummy smoothie around noon, and headed to all-afternoon-meeting-fun-time.

I decided to do something different with tonights run.  I need to start getting very creative with when I run to make sure I get all my training in, but also try and help with the crazy kids schedule we have going here.  I've also decided that if I have to run more than 3 miles, I have to go somewhere else to do it.  I've said it before - but I really do get easily bored with my surroundings.  I can't run the same loop like some people can, and if I see the same house more than once I get annoyed.

Tonight the kids had TKD at 7.  I drove to the studio (about 3 miles from home) which is right by two VERY nice subdivisions.  I had D pick A up from school and bring A and M to their butt kicking class.  I started my 5 mile run about a half hour before their class started.  That way I timed my run to finish about halfway through their class.  Bonus for everyone - D got to go home, I got to see my kids beat up other people, AND I got to run somewhere I've never been before.

About my surroundings.  This was the Edinburgh area of Chesapeake.  Click here to see them....  Link to BIG houses  These houses START at $800k, and go up to a couple million.  They're huge McMansions.  Absolutely beautiful, but surprisingly little lots and tiny pools.  There was also an older couple and their dog driving around in a golf cart.  For no apparent reason.  Weird.  Anyway, I ran in front of every single one, and what I think I was most jealous of were the driveways.  Sounds dumb, I know, but many were lovely terra cotta colors.  Anyway, it was a lovely run in a very quiet area.  I'm thinking that this development started just before the economy went south.  There are still a TON of empty lots, a few unfinished houses, and half of them are for sale.  After getting the kids from Tae Kwon Do and getting Subway, my daughter wanted to drive past them.  Then she asked if we could get one.  Silly girl.


The run itself took right about an hour.  I haven't synched my Garmin yet, so I don't have exact numbers.  I made myself feel pretty good by thinking of tonight's run as 1/5 of a marathon.  It made it sound more impressive.

So that's it.  I felt very innovative tonight, and excited to go somewhere new.  Next week I think I'll run in the subdivision that's just down the street from where I was tonight - also beautiful homes and seems more "finished" so more to see.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go to the gym again before work.  We'll see, but I'm a bit hopeful after earlier success this week. 

Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment