About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pre-Vacation Run

It's been a nutty couple days!  My sister in law arrived with her little boy (5 1/2 mo old) yesterday and I got to watch the amazing first meet between her and my hubby (long story, but cool.  He met his baby sister yesterday...and her son who is partially named after him).  Poor things were up for the better part of 30 hrs.  We got them to the house and settled in.  


I admit - I did NOT run yesterday....but I did today!  I slept like poo last night, though I usually do just before traveling.  Was up early, had some coffee, a magical banana, and took off for my 45 minutes.  It was another hot day (90), so going in the AM was the only real option.


Good news - I remembered to change my Garmin from Distance to Time for the goal - and set it for 45 minutes.  Bad news - it did not beep at me when I was half way, and did not stop when it hit 45 minutes.  Not sure why it does for distance but not time....alas, at least I'm getting better at using it.


The run didn't feel as sloggy as the one on Sunday.  Honestly, I'm not sure if 'sloggy' is a word, but it accurately describes how the waddle on Sunday felt.  My average was 10 seconds per mile faster today than it was the other day, and I did feel stronger.  I still didn't feel a bottomless pit of energy tho, and I think that was due to the poor sleep last night, but at the same time, it was good to get out and hoof it for a bit.  I took a slightly different route which was nice.  D thinks I should get out of the neighborhood to run (I get bored easily), and if I wasn't under a deadline today, I would have.  Think I'll have to plan that better.


Then it was time to shower, finish packing, and head to the airport with A for a couple days in FL.  We head back to VA on Friday and I know I'm not gonna run until I'm back.  It just didn't sit right with me if I'd have skipped today.  SO....we're in sunny FL and I'm babbling because I'm ridiculously tired.  So good night, and I'll hopefully write more after a run on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment