About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Monday and I'm Off Work!

Christmas is officially over, and I can't wait to take down my tree.  Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays.  But when they're over, they're over. 
The past few days have been very busy for me.  Not in having multiple social engagements or anything- but I've been cooking my little head off.  I bought a Kitchen Aid yesterday (Merry Christmas to me), and went nuts.  I made 3 loaves of bread that were probably the best bread I've ever made (actually made with polenta....how cool is that?!), homemade vegan cinnamon rolls that I sent D to work with (figure if he has to suffer working for the week, may as well make it yummy for him), another 2 loaves of whole wheat bread today, not to mention a creamy cauliflower soup, steamed wild rice salad, and crockpot tortilla soup.  I probably only stopped cooking because I've run out of room.


Yesterday was a Rest or Crosstrain day, and I promise I tried to crosstrain.  I really did.  I went to the Y for the 1115 spinning class...and the instructor was a no-show.  I would have done something else, but all my high-impact bras were dirty and I was wearing a lesser bra...so I ended up leaving the gym to go shopping.  Possibly considered strength training, but aside from really hating it, I didn't have my iPod, and would never have handled suffering through the boredom without it.   


I was planning on running this morning, but again said running bras were either dirty, or hanging on the drying rack.  So....I went out to lunch with D, the kids, and a friend instead.  But all is not lost, I promise.  I ran my scheduled distance right after serving up dinner to the rest of the family.  It was a great run and I felt incredibly strong - almost like a real runner instead of feeling like I was forcing myself to go through with it.  I ran the entire time, no walking other than the first 2 mintues or so as a warm up. 


It's cold, but I didn't notice.  I wore an under armour long sleeve shirt and a fleece over it.  Even felt a wee warm after the first few minutes, but barely noticeable.  I have a new hat :)  and wore that and my nike gloves.  The weather was 37 degrees, but no wind.  I hadn't eaten since about 130 pm (I ran at 7), but that's probably a good thing since lunch was a spicy veggie burger and some onion rings.     


So now...I'm off to shower than make my own dinner (thank goodness I have so many leftovers, right???).

1 comment:

  1. That's how I feel about Christmas. I want to get the tree and decorate right after Thanksgiving, but I want it all down as soon the rush of Christmas ends. CHS

    ReplyDelete