About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Switched My Monday and Tuesday...

Yesterday was Monday, and was supposed to be a run day.  Today is Tuesday and was supposed to be a rest day.  Yesterday was a really long day, and to be honest, I didn't feel like running.  I knew that I'd have to make it up today though - which was just fine.  It was a great night for a run....not ridiculously cold or raining or snowing!


Today was my last day of work until after the new year (woo hoo!), and that may account for my excitement to run and not care about how late it's getting!  I'm also pretty much done with my xmas shopping.  I have one more gift to pick up for my oldest, and just may consider getting something for my husband (we can't figure out what to get each other, so we decided NOT to get each other anything!).


Eating the past few days has been great.  I even got my family to eat a vegetarian dinner!  I made homemade falafel, yogurt sauce, and tabouleh.  Other than the yogurt sauce, I can eat it too, so for once I only had to make one dinner.  I don't believe in forcing my dietary lifestyle on my family - it's a choice that I made for myself and don't have the right to make for them.  But....the more I am reading, the more I realize that they could stand to have a meatless meal much more often.  We are conditioned as a society to eat meat 3 times per day, and it's killing us.  Sorry for the drama....I'm currently reading The China Study, and I admit it's scaring me a bit.  It certainly reaffirms my choices to me...but makes me think I need to do a better job for my kids.  I will never make them veggies unless they want to be, but I can make a concerted effort to feed them many more vegetarian options.


Okay, off to eat my yummy falfel now that my run is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment