About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

OMG I am SORE

Life is slowly getting back to normal this week.  Between the storm and working crazy hours, I was feeling like less than myself, but I'm happy to say that life is back on track (for now anyway!).


I've worked out every single day this week, so I'm definitely giving myself an A on the exercise front.  I've started weight training - and area I know where I am lacking - and my body is killing me - in a good way of course!.  I must admit, I jumped on the P90X bandwagon.  I know several people at work who have done it, so I thought, what the heck.  I need guidance on weight training because I hate it and don't really know what I'm doing.


Sunday was start day, and I did the Chest and Back video, which didn't seem hard until later that evening when my chest started hurting.  Monday was this crazy jumping bean workout called Plyometrics.  It was NUTS.  According to my bodybugg, I torched 330 calories in that hour alone.  Of course yesterday my legs were burning a bit - nothing like trying to walk down the stairs when your leg muscles ache!  Yesterday was Shoulders and Arms - an area where I know I'm particularly weak.  My biceps are definitely talking to me today.
Today will be a 90 minute yoga video.  I'm looking forward to doing that one after work.  For now though, I'm going to go for a run before getting ready for work.  And here is the challenge I always face - how to do both??  We'll see how I keep up with this routine.


Eating has been mostly very good.  Maybe I could have skipped the breadsticks on Monday, but otherwise I'm pleased with this week thus far.


Yesterday was a fun evening.  The little one had dance class (she's in 1st grade) and then a Health and Wellness Fair at her grade school.  We had a blast playing games with the people from the YMCA and doing Children's Yoga (which she's used to doing anyway), and we went to the clinic on food allergies since she has a severe allergy to peanuts and tree nuts, which was awesome to connect with other parents.  R got a pedometer which she found absolutely fascinating, so that was pretty cool.


So, I'm off for a run (or as much of a run as my sore muscles will tolerate), and then work.  I'll let you all know how the Yoga video goes, and the rest of my eating.


Exercise - A
Eating - B

No comments:

Post a Comment