About Me

My photo
Hampton Roads, Virginia, United States
I am a late-30's busy career mom, attempting to find her inner athlete, be a vegan in a non-vegan household, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, knit, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Have You Ever Wanted to Learn to Balance a Family, a Career, and a Healthy Lifestyle?

Yeah, so have I.  I tend to do really well at one or two of them, but the idea of successfully managing all three seems highly unlikely.


And so I turn to you - faithful internet readers - to walk with me (and guide me), as I try to figure out how the heck to do this. 


A bit about me.  My name is Crissie and I am a busy.  Who isn't?!  I work 40+ hours per week as an IT Peformance Improvement expert, have 3 children ranging in age from 1st-9th grades, a husband who also works in IT, and a raging desire to be the athlete I never was growing up!


I have started (and stopped) many a running programs over the past 4 years.  While I've enjoyed some consistency, certainly not enough to actually improve any!  My average speed (which is painfully slow) has not gotten any better - meaning that I haven't actually tried hard enough.


My latest love is Hot Yoga, which is a bizzarre blend of relaxation and a kicking workout while in a ridiculously hot room.


What I have found is that I cannot seem to manage to do both - so I do well in neither.


On top of this, I am a Vegan - which is great for me, but since my husband and children are not, mealtimes can be adventerous to say the least.  Either I end up eating an unbalanced meal, or nothing at all.  Neither which is healthy or particularly kind to my waistline.


So join me in this fun new adventure of a balanced life.  And if anyone else has figured out to do this already, please make my life easier by letting me in on the secret sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment